Saturday, September 18, 2010

BOO! Banner

Thank you so much for waiting! Here is the BOO banner I have been working on. I am super happy with they way it turned out. This looks so cute in person!!


To create the banner portion of this project I used the TAG feature on page 46 from ONCE UPON A PRINCESS. The main banner was cut out at 4 1/2". When I went to cut the inner tag (the shift feature) it was way to small for what I wanted so I ended up cutting those out at 5". I then created the paper flower using two strips of 2" x 12" of pattern paper. These where accordion folded and attached together to make one long strip. I simply connected the two ends together and pushed them down to create the pleated flower. I found this idea on someones blog but I can't seem to find it. If anyone wants a tutorial on this I will see if I can make a video of one.


Next I cut out the word BOO in black at 4" using the STORYBOOK cartridge. Also the shadow at 4" using a olive green cardsock. To make my letters sparkle I covered the black letters in Martha Stewart's Black Onyx fine glitter. LOVE this stuff!! Finally I attached it all together added a couple of bows from some fun ribbon from Michales and it was done!!


Happy Haunting,

7 comments:

Tresa Black said...

Love it! Thanks for playing along in the blog hop linky party!

Erica said...

very cute!

Haley D. said...

Cool banner!

Debra said...

I love your banner! It's great and has so much dimension!

Lela said...

Love the banner. Gotta love some bling!

Becky B. said...

This is wonderful! I love, love, love the cool spider web ribbon...GREAT accent to your banner!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Now that is super cute! Lovin' it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails