Monday, September 10, 2007

Moose Encounter









Over Labor Day Weekend was my 7 year anniversary to my wonderful husband, Wes. We took a short trip (without the kids) to Steamboat Springs, CO. This was my first trip there. I have lived in CO for all but 3 years of my life and had never been to Steamboat before. I also have never seen a Moose. I know it must sound funny, but it's true. The thing is, I never knew we had Moose in Colorado. Turns out there is a good reason I have never seen one until now.

On our way to Steamboat we drove through Rocky Mountain National Park (first time their too), we stopped at a information center and learned that there are only 64 Moose in the entire Rocky Mountain National Park. We happened to stumble across 3 on your entire trip. We saw a few other animals including Elk, Deer and lots of chipmunks that we just had to feed. The chipmunks were so friendly we could actually pet them while feeding them seeds. All in all it was a very nice trip and I would love to visit Steamboat again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails