Saturday, November 7, 2009

40th Birthday Card


A scrapbook friend of my turned 40 this year on Halloween. I don't like to give Halloween birthday cards because I am sure those who are born on Holiday's tend to get a lot of those types of cards. Instead I created this card using the Wild Card cartridge from Cricut. I chose the wedding cake card and made it into a 40th Birthday Card. I cut out the card in two colors (white daisy and twilight) inked all the edges in Chocolate and then embossed each card by running it through my Cuttlebug. Once embossed I cut out each layer and painted it with Close To My Heart's Create-a-Shade Pearl paint. This gave each piece a shimmer to it. After letting the pieces dry I then assembled the cake. For the final touch I painted the numbers in the same pearl paint, inked them and attached them to the card.
Happy Scrapin'
Elisha
Close To My Heart Products Used
White Daisy Cardstock
Twilight Cardstock
Chocolate Ink
Create-a-Shade: Pearl Paint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails